- Hilarious in Hindsight: When introducing himself to Bea, Abe mentions that he's a widower with one child, and one working kidney. All three were contradicted in later episodes:
- Abe and Mona divorced in the 1960s when she was forced to go on the run from Mr. Burns, and Abe told Homer that she died. Abe eventually married Rita LaFleur, but that marriage also ended in divorce.
- He has three children: Abby, Herb, and Homer. Abby was conceived during WWII, and Abe doesn't meet her until she's 58, so he doesn't know about her. Herb was revealed two episodes earlier, and Abe gave him up for adoption, with Mona asking that he not tell anyone about Herb.
- Finally, he has two working kidneys, both of whom rumpled in a later episode because Homer would not let him use the toilet for very selfish reasons.
- Except he said "One working lung", not kidney.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Beatrice could have been a good step-grandmother to Bart and Lisa, and a good step-mother to Homer. Sadly, she passed away in her first appearance.
YMMV / The Simpsons S 2 E 17 Old Money