- Awesome Music: The soundtrack is composed by Midnight Syndicate; what did you expect?
- Complete Monster: The wicked vampire Vellich seeks to cause a Zombie Apocalypse to Take Over the World and recover his powerful artifact, the dead-controlling scarab. Murdering the assistant of the hunter Ian McAllister, Vellich begins to track the scarab to the young woman Gretchen, leaving a trail of corpses in his wake before torturing Gretchen with a vision of her dead brother, attempting to murder her and her friends. Vellich later usurps his rival Sebed by tearing him apart from the inside out, stopping at nothing to seize the scarab and his power anew.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Sebed is something of this, especially given that he has very little screentime. This is partly due to his actor.
- Evil Is Sexy: Rebecca. And Vellich isn't supposed to be sexy...but he is.
- Ham and Cheese: Divoff joyfully hams it up as Vellich - his rival isn't much better. This is actually probably one of the reasons the movie works - it doesn't take itself too seriously, and the actors know it.
- Uncanny Valley: In a particularly weird segment, Gretchen tried to pretend that Mark is completely human - having him eat ice cream, ride carnival rides, try on clothes. It doesn't work.
YMMV / The Dead Matter