- Dork Age: When exactly it set in is up for debate. General fan consensus seems to be that the first four books were solid, Salamander Spell could've been a lot better, but it also could've been a lot worse, Dragon Princess was weak but bearable, and the last two books were really not that great.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Garrid, Zoe, Francis, and Haywood.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Zoe and Francis.
- Most Wonderful Sound: The narrator for the audiobooks. As far as the fans are concerned, her voice is Emma.
- Periphery Demographic: Aimed at elementary schoolers, and indeed, many fans do discover the books at this age, but continue to love them even as teenagers. And of course, there are fans who discover them as teens.
- The Scrappy: Audun. Almost NO ONE in the fandom likes him.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- Garrid, despite being a vampire prince who has a huge family of vampires and alludes to a past vampire-werewolf war (which killed his parents), and still managing to be a friendly, cheerful sort of fellow, doesn't get that much to do, plotwise. Especially odd as he's married to a main character.
- Zoe and Francis mainly serve as sidekicks/backup to Millie, but many feel that they had more compelling and likable personalities, and wish the books gave them more focus.
- The Woobie: Poor, poor Haywood.
- Jerkass Woobie: Chartreuse.
YMMV / Tales of the Frog Princess