- Harsher in Hindsight: Altermans Ode to Intoxication, as he died later on from alcohol poisoning.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The code of honour Misha Barkhasid mentions is reminiscent of that of present day Russian mob Vor v Zakone. Even more hillarious, as Misha is stated to be from Odessa.
- Inferred Holocaust: The Witch may or may have not unleashed a myriad of plagues upon Stamboul and the area around it in rage over the fire at her house and Siman-Tov bailing on her.
- The Woobie: Several:
- Tsiva is one, being tormented because he couldnt bring his sick parents with him to Israel (though it wasnt his fault, the Israeli bureaucracy wouldnt let them on the ship), his sons became delinquents, his daughter Miriam Helen ran off somewhere, and the beautiful chalice hed inherited is nowhere to be found after he pawned it.
- Miriam Helen herself definitely counts. The poor girl ran off with a charming man, who happened to be Woldarski...
- The Witch, though shes somewhat of a Jerkass Woobie, being wooed by Siman-Tov solely for her money.
- Alterman himself, an alcoholic whos openly mocked by his own characters.
YMMV / Summer Celebration