- Funny Moments:
- Troi and Riker teasing Picard when he brings up The Thin Man.
- Norman, from the original series, is mentioned as being in the gallery, still with the same expression he had when he deactivated.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- The entire discussion on Data and immortality, after Star Trek: Nemesis. Not helping is that Data mentions among the ways he could die involve a phaser or a Romulan warbird.
- Likewise, the plot is started by Bruce Maddox trying to build a successor for Data, which leads to disaster, which is even harsher after Star Trek: Picard.
- Reality Subtext: In-universe, Troi finds she can't live down having been at the helm when the Enterprise-D crashed in Star Trek: Generations. This is also a common Never Live It Down for the character from fans.
- The Woobie: Data. Now that he can feel grief for the deaths of Lal, Lore, Soong and Tainer, it hits him like a ton of bricks, leading to near-clinical depression.
YMMV / Star Trek: Immortal Coil