- Alternative Character Interpretation:
- Anna comes across as bossy and domineering, with an occasionally-seen softer side. Is she merely a wannabe Alpha Bitch, or are her actions the result of a sheltered (and, from what we can see, somewhat strange) family background, immaturity, anxiety about her figure, and uncertainty when dealing with her fiance's friends who she may (rightly) suspect don't actually like her?
- Pete clearly struggles with being an adult. Is he just immature, or does he have some sort of learning disability? Also, given the sheer number of easily-disprovable Blatant Lies he comes up with, is he a compulsive liar?
- Harsher in Hindsight: Terry's somewhat dated attitudes and off-colour remarks. His real-life inspiration, the professional footballer-turned-pundit Andy Gray, was actually forced to resign from Sky Sports following multiple allegations of sexism in early 2011, before Series Two of Pete Versus Life was broadcast.
- Jerkass Woobie: Although many of his problems are of his own making, it's hard not to feel for Pete at times.
YMMV / Pete Versus Life