- Hilarious in Hindsight: "She may contain the urge to run away / But hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks..."
- Moral Event Horizon: When Bobby murders Stacy and hides her body in the lake using cinderblocks, unsurprisingly.
- Narm: When Nicki cries while going through Stacy's locker near the end, it looks like she's smiling.
- It's possible she was Cry Laughing remembering good times with her friend.
- Bobby's thousand-yard stare that he does every time Stacy talks to someone else other than him. The first time around, it's frightening-looking, but after he does it more than enough times in the film, it just becomes ridiculous.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Domestic abuse in relationships is never excusable. And boy, does the film drive the point home.
- Not to mention that people tend to think that such behavior is limited to adult relationships. This movie makes it clear that teen dating violence is a major issue and can be just as dangerous and deadly as its grown-up counterpart.
- Tear Jerker: Pretty much the entire movie, but especially after Stacy dies. The scene where they finally discover Stacy's body, followed by her mom falling to her knees and breaking down in tears, is incredibly hard to stomach.
- The Woobie: Stacy. She's trapped in an abusive relationship and doesn't even know it, to the point of rejecting her friends' help and pretending that everything is okay. To top it all off, just when she thought she could end it peacefully, Bobby tried to force her right back into the relationship, ultimately and tragically ending in her death.
- Jerkass Woobie / Iron Woobie: Bobby, of all characters. Now, of course, he's a fucking dick for abusing Stacy in every possible way and eventually killing her, but when you really think about it, he went through some heavy shit in his life. As he explains to Stacy at one point in the movie, his dad was an alcoholic and came home every night to beat the hell out of his mom, who eventually became a drunk as well, and blame both her and Bobby for anything he could think of. As mentioned above, his actions were inexcusable, but the reason for him doing them in the first place was possibly out of insecurity and mental instability, rather than actually wanting to hurt her.
YMMV / No One Would Tell