- Ass Pull: In a single night, Lisanna conveniently buys a hypnosis spell to rewrite Natsu's memories.
- Crack Pairing: Lucy and Cobra. They've never directly interacted in the manga, and were on opposite sides for the Oracion Seis arc.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Try and laugh at the canonical Running Gag of various members of Team Natsu making themselves at home in Lucy's apartment when their fakes do the same to her before beating her up.
- Heartwarming Moments: Despite the bashing of the rest of Team Natsu, it's nice to see that Lucy and Wendy retain their sisterly friendship in this fic, and that Wendy cares enough about Lucy to stand up to Natsu for her sake.
- Idiot Ball: Lisanna holds this when she fails to consider how she'll have to convince Erza, Natsu and Gray that they actually attacked Lucy until after she's carried out the first step of her plan.
- Jerkass Woobie: Natsu isn't very nice to Lucy, but it's hard not to feel sorry for him when he gets brainwashed by his girlfriend into remembering that he beat her up, ends up getting alienated from his friends outside Team Natsu, barred from the S-Class Exam for five years for something he didn't actually do, and he gradually begins struggling with his feelings for Lucy too late to repair his relationship with her.
- Moral Event Horizon: Lisanna crosses it hiring some thugs to beat up Lucy and framing Team Natsu for it.
- Narm: The fact that "weak mage" is apparently a deadly insult is fairly hard to take seriously at times.
- Ron the Death Eater:
- Lisanna. In canon, she's kindhearted and gets along well with Lucy, even encouraging her to stick close to Natsu. Here, she's essentially a very petty and Stupid Evil Yandere
- To a lesser degree, the rest of Lucy's team besides Natsu. One part of why they treat Lucy poorly is because of their brainwashing, another part is the fact that they like/trust Lisanna more, and the rest is this trope.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: Natsu. No one in the story considers that he doesn't necessarily deserve to be punished for a crime he didn't even commit, nor is there much sympathy for him being in a relationship with a jealous and manipulative sociopath. The fic treats him like a straight-up Jerkass even though he's more of a Jerkass Woobie.
YMMV / Lucys Unwanted House Guest