- Accidental Innuendo: In Chapter 36, after Nonoko discovers Kanae's Bedmate Reveal.Nonoko: (excitedly) What's going on? More undercover work?
- Creator Worship: Oh, yeah...
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In Chapter 1 Kyon tells Ryoko that she is the most reasonable person to ever try to kill him but that he remembers that time she stabbed him all too well. This becomes hilarious later on when we learn another two of his classmates tried to kill him during separate occasions, and when he's fighting for his life against some Yakuza.
- This conversation from Chapter 12 becomes suddenly funnier when you realize Tsuruya's line is proven right when Kyon gets two girlfriends and more on the way, courtesy of Haruhi.Masao: (To Kyon) But you look a capable sort. Ambitious, too. It takes a strong man to keep two women, doesn't it?"Tsuruya: My guy is totally cool enough to handle, like, way more than that, you know.Yuki: *nods*
- Les Yay:
- Yuki and Mikuru, even more so than in the original.
- Durandall in general doesn't shy away from Haruhi's bisexuality; she gets flustered when she is offered a chance to get better at kissing from Yuki, and even more so when Kanae calls her sempai for the first time.
- She also threatens to run away (elope?) with Mikuru when she's amping up the moe, after Haruhi weaponized her assets. Haruhi comments that she doesn't know how Kyon resists it so well.
- Tsuruya and Mikuru, too, although it could be argued that's more Like Sisters.
- Reread Bonus: Anyone who knows a lot about Higurashi: When They Cry can find subtle references to it in almost every chapter, not including the fact that it does crossover with Higurashi necessarily. For example, right off the bat we have the prologue's Fictional Document referencing the Hate Plague."...but I digress. When you get that feeling, you know the one, in the back of your head? The one that makes you think something is off about the situation? It may be right. Granted, you may also be tumbling headlong into a fit of paranoia that will end terribly for you and everyone you love. ..."
YMMV / Kyon: Big Damn Hero