- Anticlimax Boss: One shot, or even ramming, is all it takes to splatter Xoxx's head after you destroy his backup time washing machine in the Gold Edition.
- Awesome Music:
- Funny Moments: Numerous.
- In one side mission, you destroy a bunch of space spam ads.
- Some of the ships you can fly include a World War I-era plane and a hot dog van.
- In one level, the game alerts you that a flying mausoleum is ahead.
- In another level, you have to fight Space Invaders-esque enemies.
- Fridge Logic: How do you build a universe-destroying quantum cannon for peaceful purposes?
- It may have been originally meant to be a less-powerful version, which was to be used together with an Omnigun or some similar universe-generating device, like in the matter-antimatter particle annihilation experiments, and have just enough power to destroy small freshly-created universes, but not enough to destroy the Universe.
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: The Tetris-esque Tetrix minigame. The Steam release of JnG Gold even has an achievement for getting 10,000 points, a nearly impossible task due to the differences in pieces from normal Tetris.
- That One Level: In some levels, you have to go underwater and must encase your ship in a special shell. This severely limits your weapon slots and upgrade options. When you could attach many more things to your ship just before, being forced to take such a reduction in firepower is annoying.
- Level 3 has tons of enemies that just love to zoom and swoop around unpredictably, in a game where Collision Damage can and will kill you in seconds.
YMMV / Jets'n'Guns