- Crack Pairing: Miho and her secret girlfriend Erika. The two are practically polar opposites, so the fact that they were an item comes as quite a surprise, since it's revealed long after the former's death.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Erika. As unpleasant as she is in canon, it's hard not to feel sorry for her when she's tortured over something she didn't even do, and loses her girlfriend.
- While Anzu was never a completely nice person in canon, and she is responsible for torturing Erika in this fic, it's heartbreaking to see her lose her sanity after Oarai's closure, leaving her a shell of her former self who doesn't even know why she's behind bars.
- Moral Event Horizon: The murderer crosses it by killing Miho, thereby dooming Oarai to closure and causing all the other tragedy and heartbreak. What makes it worse is that it isn't even a crime of passion; the killer planned the murder in advance and killed in cold blood. The motive- anger over being rejected by Miho- doesn't help, either.
- Ron the Death Eater: Miho's murderer, Yukari, of all people, is obviously much more evil in this fic than in canon, not to mention a Yandere for good measure.
- Shocking Swerve: Yukari Akiyama being Miho's murderer. Not only is murdering a friend blatantly out of character for her, more so than practically anyone else in the cast, but it also flies in the face of the apparently genuine shock she shows upon discovering Miho's body.
YMMV / Girls und Panzer: Hope Dies