WARNING! THERE MAY BE UNMARKED SPOILERS!
- Broken Base: Some people find this as a touching conclusion that adds a period to the end of the classic series. Others can't stand the fact it exists because they like the way the franchise kept on going well past where this story would have concluded Doctor Who at large and came back better than ever before.
- Malignant Plot Tumor: Some people consider the Ace becoming a Time Lord plot this, as it means we don't see enough of the Doctor in what is supposed to be his Grand Finale.
- Nightmare Fuel: The shots of the Vampires' victims are quite gory.
- Padding: A lot of this story feels like this, with scenes that add little to the overall story.
- Tear Jerker: The Doctor's final speech before his apparent death.