- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is "Chasing Time" about getting out of a relationship that's going nowhere or is it about Azealia wanting to be free from her label who mismanaged her for so long and held her music in Development Hell?
- Awesome Ego: She's well known for having an attitude and saying things that start feuds with other musicians. Some people like that a lot about her, others... not so much.
- Base-Breaking Character: Her proclivity for starting fights is also this. Some fans love her for never being afraid to speak her mind and refusing to compromise or sugarcoat the message, others feel that this same tendency is immensely self-defeating (and annoying, to boot) and wish that she would spend more time focusing on her music and less time beefing with someone new every week, with her feud with Action Bronson in particular being treated as something that she really should have just let slide for once (not that he came off that much better once the action started).
- Internet Backdraft: Her rant at Zayn Malik — including calling him a series of racist and homophobic slurs — was not taken well, to the point that even fans that had defended her for years agreed that she had stepped over the line this time.
- Her support for Donald Trump is the 2016 Presidential election and defense of his travel ban didn't go over well either.
- Nightmare Fuel: Yung Rapunxel
- Overshadowed by Controversy: Her seemingly neverending stream of beefs (both online and IRL), extremely controversial statements, legal troubles, social media shutdowns, and various other behaviors has done so much to overshadow her actual output and damage her career that many mainstream listeners have only known her for her latest blowup and have been surprised to learn that she's an actual musician. While she has managed to stay afloat, even her remaining fans and defenders can generally (if not grudgingly) agree that she has blown basically every chance to greatly elevate her career.
- Signature Song: "212"
YMMV / Azealia Banks