- Catharsis Factor: Seemingly built for this. They're excellent when you need something to drown out frustration with the lightning riffs and guttural shrieks. A prime example is "Depravity Favors the Bold".
- Crazy Awesome: Their music is not for the faint of heart, but even if you aren't a big fan of Level 10-11 metal, awesome music is pretty much what you would expect from one of the most extreme and unusual metal bands around.
- Ear Worm: Perhaps surprisingly, the melodic chourses can indeed be very catchy, one notable example being the hook on "Virus Bomb".
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Of Black Metal, with Kvelertak.
- Epic Riff: Everywhere, but the opening riffs of "To Spite the Face" and "Submission Is for the Weak" are especially epic.
- First Installment Wins: Mostly subverted, though a sizeable portion of the fanbase still swears by The Codex Necro as the band's greatest achievement and one that they will never top.
- Narm: Some metalheads perceive them as appallingly over-the-top metal that can border on Stylistic Suck, just like another infamous band with a suspiciously similar name...
- Nightmare Fuel: A PRIME EXAMPLE OF INTENSE BLACK METAL.
YMMV / Anaal Nathrakh