- Die for Our Ship: When Shirley Lin appears in the comics as a possible girlfriend to Zedadias, the comments were quickly filled with hateful message towards the former.
- Jerkass Woobie: Kev is certainly not lacking in the asshole department, but when you see him fail in getting people to love him and remember that he is factually insane, sometimes it's hard not to feel bad for him.
- Hes never seemed to understand why people dont like him, and [Yvette's] rejection still hurts him more than most.
- Tear Jerker: The whole story is this, especially since the author constantly emphasizes how much of a problem homelessness like this is in Real Life, as well as putting in plugs for various societies and charities that helped out the homeless. The fact that Alice donates her first paycheck to one of these charities, out of a sense that there are people even LESS fortunate than herself out there, really hammers home both the most optimistic and pessimistic aspects this story covers.
- The Woobie: Invoked Trope. Every one of her traits sets Alice up as this, even the ones not chosen by the player.
YMMV / Alice And Kev