- Die for Our Ship: After the events of issue #3, let's just say Guy isn't particularly adored by Bubblegum/Marceline shippers.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many fans read this comic just for the fact that its about Marceline and Bubblegum, Bubbline shippers especially.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: One of the criticisms of the comic is that it doesn't seem very Adventure Time-like. Trading the surreal nature of the series for a typical rock star rise and fall tale that just happens to have AT characters.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: One of the draws of the series was the titular Scream Queens aka Marice's bandmates. In the show by this point, Marcie never really had any friends before Finn, Jake and Bubblegum who weren't jerkasses (Ash, the Ghosts from Heat Signature, etc). So people would've loved to know more about how she came across these characters. Sadly it's mostly glossed over and Marcie rarely interacts with them through the comic. What's more we get virtually no backstory on any of them with Guy getting at least some partial development with his time with Bubblegum. Bongo and Kelia are mostly just there half the time and have little to do with the plot. Keila especially is a curious example since she was the only other vampire in the comic by Marcie. note
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Some readers felt this would've been a grand showcase to focus on Marcie and Bubblegum's relationship. But the two are hardly ever together half the time and Marcie constant angsting over every little thing rather then be her usual fun loving self didn't help matters.
YMMV / Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens