School of Mages was a webcomic about Luke Winters, a young mage, who is sent to train with Noah Horncress, a magical prodigy, at Neo Acadamy [stet] after failing his (Luke's) final exam.
It is no longer on line.
This comic had examples of the following tropes:
- Deadpan Snarker: Mona Harlow appears to be this.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Noah is an earth mage, though he says it's his lowest form of magic.
- Making a Splash: In his final exam, Luke loses to a water mage.
- Masquerade: The existence of magic is kept secret from everyone who isn't a mage.
- Nice Hat: Noah. And this guy with a frog hat.
- No Punctuation Period: There is a severe lack of punctuation throughout the comic; some pages have only question marks and exclamation marks.
- Playing with Fire: Luke is a fire mage.
- The Apprentice: Luke was Master Fernir's apprentice; he is now Noah's apprentice.
- Wizarding School: Luke attended the Acadamy of Magic before he failed his final exam.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: And pink hair. And white hair.