Rob And Elliot is a slightly surrealist Gag-A-Week Webcomic, starring Elliot an accomplished magician and ESL teacher, who is usually The Only Sane Man (but not always), and his roomate Rob, a total Cloud Cuckoo Lander who is chronically unemployed. The strip does keep a kind of continuity, but most episodes have no real connection to each other, and there are few actual Story Arcs.
The strip essentially ended in June of 2012, but the archives can be found here.
Tropes featured include:
- Bond One-Liner: Discussed. ''It has to be the most depressing thing in the world for James Bond to just shoot a Guy.''
- Did Not Get the Girl: The comic ends with Noel still with Clint, and Elliot presumably still pining over her.
- Jerkass: Clint, but with style.
- Infant Immortality: Rob attempts to take this to it's logical extreme by making a bulletproof vest out of live babies.
- Morality Dial / "Second Law" My Ass!: In this strip.
- Smoke Out: Attempted at the get-to-know-the-tenants party, with a subversion of the first type.
- You Know I'm Black, Right?: Parodied. Elliot makes a joke about a "dumb guy," prompting Rob to blow up in his face: "My mother was dumb! I'm half dumb!"