Blaze Chronicles is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic webcomic written and drawn by ShiroMinakazu. The story starts with the Mane 6 fighting a giant monster when a mysterious stranger shows up and easily defeats the monster, despite his injuries. The story spans two volumes before going into hiatus.
The story can be read here:
This webcomic contains tropes such as:
- Dark and Troubled Past: White Blaze's life hasn't been easy. The death of his mother caused his father to suffer a mental breakdown. He and Shining Mane blamed Morning Joy for her death and faked her death for unknown reasons. Blaze took all his saddness, sorrow, and anger into his training, perfecting his skills with swords, close combat, and high level magic, at the cost of losing all sparkle of life, just like his father and brother. After regaining control of his life, Blaze went away on a mission and when he came back, he saw his own brother standing over the dead body of their father. Even after striking him down, the population fell for Shining Mane's words, marking Blaze a traitor.
- Interspecies Romance: King Terra and Queen Milky Way fell in love with each other, thus signed a pact to reunite their countries to their former glory.
- Half-Pony Hybrid: White Blaze was born from the marriage of his unicorn father and pegasus mother, making him a half-blood alicorn.
- Not Quite Dead: Shining Mane, under his new title Lord Black Mane, is still alive after his fight against his brother.
- Morning Joy, the youngest child, is also still alive. Her funeral was faked and her coffin was empty.
- Sanity Slippage: The death of Queen Milky Way really drove her husband and possibly her eldest son over the edge.
- Slasher Smile: Shining Mane flashes one of these after killing his own father in a duel.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Shining Mane convinced the entire country of Paradisia that his father had lost his sanity and power, therefore unfit to rule. Even after his brother struck him down, the population fell for Shining Mane's words.