To the Edge of the Sky is a fan made Visual Novel developed by Aeon Dream Studios which stars characters originally based on BTS. Operation: Phoenix, a series of changes that includes changing the faces of the male Phantom Alpha members, began in August 2018.
The story opens in 2077, with the player character making her way to Olympia City after being recruited into Phantom Alpha, a secret team in P.H.A.N.T.A.S.M. (PHASe for short). PHASe is an organization that is part of Olympia City's government and is said to truly rule the city.
After visiting various places in PHASe and having some conversation with Phantom Alpha members, the player character, now codenamed Seven, was called to run a compatibility test with one of the Phantom Alpha members. However, before they even arrived the required place, her first mission was forced to be kicked off...
A prologue and chapters one, two, and three have been released so far.
To the Edge of the Sky has the following tropes:
- Adorkable: Some of the Phantom Alpha members, especially Zero, have their moments.
- Bishounen: All of the Phantom Alpha members.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Five and Eight talking to the player directly after the Prologue.
- But Thou Must!:
- Four will get shot no matter whom the player chose to have the compatibility test with.
- Seven will be teamed up with Zero as the Devastation Unit.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Not surprising for a BTS fan game.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Each Phantom Alpha member has their own representative color.
- Promotional poster shows that indigo for Seven.
- Sky blue for Zero.
- Purple for Nine.
- Red is for Four.
- Green for Six.
- White for Three.
- Pink for Eight.
- Orange for Five.
- Cool Big Sis: Considering their personalities, Seven and Ten may be this.
- Everybody Lives: For now, Phantom Alpha (and possibly PHASe) members. If any of them die, this results in a game over.
- In Medias Res: The novel begins with Seven making her way to Olympia, then flashes back to when she first met Nine, Four, and Zero.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Four. Hes a Tsundere, often use harsh words towards Zero and sometimes towards Seven, but he is actually concerned about their safety. He is seemingly not in good terms with Dr. Park, but he protected her even it means that he will get shot, and he is especially concerned about whether Six is alive during their infiltration in Kairos.
- Limited Animation
- Mama Bear: By now, the female members in PHASe show shades of this.
- Especially Seven. When she was still a drifter, she hated it when she overheard random people talking dirty about them in front of children. She may fight them for this.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: If you pick the wrong choice, Four will die because Icarus shot him three times.
- Time Skip: The time between Seven, as a drifter, encountering Phantom Alpha for the first time and her arrival in Olympia is skipped.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Nine and Seven have purple hair, Zero has black hair tipped with blue, and Eight has pink hair.