Thousands of years ago, a Dragon created the Earth and fell into a deep slumber. The Dragon shall awaken again to roar a mighty roar which will destroy the Earth and create a new Earth to take its place. Six heroes are destined to protect the Dragon from the Demons who seek to use the Dragons power to create the new world in their own image.Follow the story of Parker and Amagi, two of the six heroes, as they travel across the kingdom of Percivus to find the other four heroes and protect the kingdom from the Demons.
Legend of Percivus is a fantasy adventure RPG by PK Lpikachu that is developed on RPG Maker VX Ace and was privately distributed to her Internet friends as a present on Christmas 2014. The game was released to the public on January 19, 2015. It has been improved upon and updated since then with its last update (v5.1.0) uploaded on September 25, 2017. The full game can be downloaded here.
Tropes that are in Legend of Percivus:
- Apocalypse How: The Earth is destroyed and a new world takes its place.
- Childhood Friends: Parker and the gatekeeper.
- Amagi and Julin are this as well. Justified in that they were raised together to prepare for protecting the Dragon in the future.
- Debut Queue: The order that each party character is introduced is in the same order as how PK met their real life counterparts.
- Doomed Hometown: Draco Village is this to Amagi and Julin.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: The three first party members, Parker, Amagi, and L are this. They are later joined by Julin, the cleric of the party.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: Julin uses fire magic, Amagi uses ice magic, and Zeroin uses lightning magic. Parker, L, and Luis can use the technical skills Magma Axe, Glacier Slash, and Lightning Bullet after getting their equipment modified by the Percivus blacksmith. Parker, L, and Luis can also equip the Fire Orb, Ice Orb, and Thunder Orb to change their regular attacks' element.
- Group Hug: After the final battle, the Dragon wakes up and roars. As the world collapses, the party holds on to each other tightly. However, the Demon Prince uses the last ounce of his strength to use his magic to split the group up.
- Justified Tutorial: The Gatekeeper asks Parker and Amagi if they need a combat lesson before they leave Primus Town.
- Multiple Endings: There is a normal ending and a slightly different ending if the player gets the Memory Crystal.
- Obvious Beta: The Christmas 2014 version of the game. Within the first day that the game was released, players have encountered one minor glitch, two Game-Breaking Bugs, and one debugging element that the developer forgot to delete.
- Our Demons Are Different: The villains of the story are a race of Demons that use Black Magic.
- Recurring Traveller: The merchant pops up in Draco Village and other major locations afterward. He gives hints and tips about how to advance the plot before he shows the party his wares.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The Dragon has a roar so powerful, that it destroys the whole world.
- Stealth Pun: Some places are named after some of the inventors of Wi-Fi. The kingdom is named after Terry Percival. Ostia Town and Ostian Peak are named after Diethelm Ostry.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Both endings show that the Defenders of Percivus are reunited in the next world. The Memory Crystal ending has Parker aka PK remember the group's adventure.