- No Export for You:
- Over thirty five games were released in Japan, with four making it to the US and only seven games (Wizardry Gaiden 1 - Suffering of the Queen for the Gameboy, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord and Wizardry Empire for the Gameboy Color, Wizardry I-II-III: Story of Llylgamyn and Wizardry Gaiden IV: Throb of the Demons Heart for SNES and Wizardry Chronicle and Wizardry Empire II: Legacy of the Princess for the PC) have been fully fan translated.
- Fan Translation:
- Wizardry Gaiden IV: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2061/
- Wizardry I-II-III: Story of Llylgamyn: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/496/
- Wizardry Gaiden 1 - Suffering of the Queen: https://www.romhacking.net/reviews/2612/
- Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/56/
- For Wizardry Empire: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2316/
- For Wizardry Empire II: Legacy of the Princess: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2318/
- Port Overdosed: The original 1981 game was ported to practically every computer then in existence and several after. Additionally, its unexpected popularity in Japan led to several console ports as well.
- Sadly it never made it to any of the Atari computers (8 or 16-bit).
- Sequel Gap: The first seven games were all released within the space of 11 years- the original trilogy came out yearly, Return of Werdna came out three years later, and V, VI and VII each came out two years after the previous game. The gap between VII and 8 was nine years. And they still allowed you to use your Old Save Bonus from VII (albeit with a pretty harsh Bag of Spilling).
- What Could Have Been: Wizardry 8 ended up being super rushed late in development, whilst the game ended up surprisingly polished outside of some glitches there were still some things lost in the rush to complete the game: various side quests, some enemies, an entire dungeon, and full animated cutscenes for the Good and Phoonzang endings. Fortunately some of these can be reinserted into the game with fan mods.
- The Wiki Rule: The Wizardry Wiki and The Wizardry Online Wiki.
Trivia / Wizardry