- Box Office Bomb: The film's budget was $8 million. The box office totals of its (limited) theatrical release amounted to $17186.
- Dawson Casting: Alexis Bledel as Violet isn't supposed to be much older than Daisy, played by Saoirse Ronan, who turns eighteen early in the film. However, while Ronan's age is around the same at the time, Bledel's thirteen years older than her, though Bledel's youthful looks make it believable.
- Fake American: Saoirse Ronan as usual plays an American (though she is a US citizen by birth, but raised in Ireland and culturally/ethnically Irish).
- Playing Against Type: James Gandolfini plays a kind man who deliberately got a hit put out against him after robbing a gang, a very different role from the ones he usually played.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: It took two years to get a theatrical release for the movie after the first screening at the Toronto International Films Festival in September 2011, and the 2013 theatrical run was limited.
Trivia / Violet & Daisy