- California Doubling: Much of the film was filmed in South Africa, doubling for the Congo.
- Fake Irish: English actor Mark Strong as Conor Cruise O'Brien.
- Just Plane Wrong: A possible case; the aircraft seen settling in behind the UN plane carrying Hammarskjöld is an American F-4 Phantom, but all official inquiries into the crash found no evidence of the plane being brought down.
- Prop Recycling: The Carl Gustav submachineguns used in the film were that exact same ones captured from the real life "A" Company after the siege.
- Real-Life Relative: PJ is played by Conor Quinlan, Pat Quinlan's grandson.
Trivia / The Siege of Jadotville