- Banned in China: In areas of Britain where Margaret Thatcher was unpopular, particularly Barnsley. Chesterfield showed the film, but had protesters outside the cinema.
- Casting Gag: Anthony Head plays the Chancellor of the Exchequer after having played the Prime Minister in Little Britain.
- Fake Brit: Meryl Streep of course in one of several roles for which she has donned an English accent.
- Method Acting: Meryl sat in a session at the House of Commons to help prepare for the role, as well as talking to many people who knew Margaret Thatcher in real life.
- Money, Dear Boy: Subverted. Meryl Streep was paid $1 million, but she donated the whole salary to the Women's History Museum.
Trivia / The Iron Lady