- Actor Allusion: The Aiur Zealot is a Proud Warrior Race Guy with a distinctive Battlecry and Spin Attack, voiced by Jamieson Price. Where have we seen this before?
- Fan Nickname: Some fans have taken to calling Alarak "Troll Lord" because of how much he loves to irritate the other characters.
- I Knew It!:
- Some fans suggested that "Tassadar" was an illusion created by Amon to trick Zeratul into doing things that aided him. They were half-right; Tassadar is an illusion created by Ouros to help the heroes stop Amon.
- After Blizzard explicitly compared him to Obi-wan Kenobi, some fans were expecting it when Zeratul was killed in a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Sgt. Hammer's name and personality comes from Heroes of the Storm.
- Recycled Script: The Whispers of Oblivion prologue campaign ends with a mission virtually identical to the first Zeratul mission in Wings of Liberty: Zeratul infiltrates an ancient temple with help from a handful of stalkers provided by another protoss that is aiding him, he finds what he's looking for but is then forced to escape with his enemies in pursuit, and the aiding protoss pulls a You Shall Not Pass! to buy him time to get out.
- Mission Control: the Co-op missions Zerg commanders feature Izsha as the advisor to avoid confustion about who's speaking, the normal Zerg Advisor (a queen) or Zagara.
Trivia / StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void