- Adaptation First: Averted. Although it's very rare and hard to find these days, the original visual novel was released in the U.S. by Hirameki, making it not only one of the very few during its time to be released with an official English translation before the media started getting a bigger push in English during the 2010s, but also one of the even rarer few to be released with an English translation before its animated adaptation was.
- No Export for You: Unlike the original release, the updated re-release of the visual novel for Xbox 360 and later PC was never localized for the United States.
- The Other Darrin:
- The OVA changed some of the voice actors from the visual novel. Takahiro Sakurai replaced Kosuke Okano as Zwei, Kazuhiro Nakata replaced Ken Narita as Scythe Master, Shinpachi Tsuji replaced Issei Futamata as Isaac, and Sho Hayami replaced Takumi Yamazaki as Raymond.
- In Requiem for the Phantom and the subsequent re-release, the entire voice cast from the original visual novel and OVA was changed.
- The same happened between the English versions of the OVA and Requiem for the Phantom. The original OVA was dubbed by Bang Zoom! Entertainment which used a Los Angeles based cast. However, Requiem for the Phantom was licensed by FUNimation who instead used their in-house Dallas based cast.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things: When Funimation picked the series up for simulcast streaming episode 10 was leaked prematurely causing an indefinite postponement of further North American simulcast streams. The simulcast did eventually return.
Trivia / Phantom of Inferno