- AF Is 100 Years Series:
- Cast the Runner-Up: Producer Hal B. Wallis originally auditioned Edward G. Robinson for the supporting role of Otero (played in the film by George E. Stone) before deciding he was perfect as Rico.
- Disowned Adaptation: W.R. Burnett was unhappy with the hints that Rico was gay and was also furious that no actual Italians were cast in the film.
- Fake Nationality: The Romanian-born Edward G. Robinson playing an Italian-American.
- Star-Making Role: For Edward G. Robinson.
- What Could Have Been: Clark Gable was originally considered for Joe Massara, but Jack L. Warner decided that Gable's ears were too big, and the role went to Douglas Fairbanks Jr. instead.
Trivia / Little Caesar