- Big Name Fan: Taylor Swift was named after him and actually brought him onstage at a 2011 concert to perform "Fire and Rain" together.
- Breakthrough Hit: "Fire and Rain".
- Career Resurrection: Gorilla was this in the mid-70's, and from the 90's onward he's been making a comeback.
- Creator Breakdown: "Fire and Rain" was inspired by the suicide of a woman he'd become close to when they were in rehab together. And oddly enough, fans started an urban legend that a completely different one was involved, where his band secretly arranged for his girlfriend to visit him on tour, only for her plane to crash.
- What Could Have Been: He was under consideration to play at Woodstock due to his Beatles connection. When the request for the Beatles to perform at Woodstock was sent to Apple Records, the label asked the promoters whether Taylor, their latest signing, could perform as well. When it looked like The Beatles were definitely not going to happen, Taylor's appearance fell apart too.
Trivia / James Taylor