- Accidentally Correct Writing: Pterodactylus is portrayed with a crest, before studies in 2004 confirmed this (although, when the Quetzalcoatlus toy was re-marketed as Pterodactylus by the Smithsonian, the crest was removed).
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Only several episodes of the show saw home release in the US on VHS tapes, and some of them go for pretty high prices. A few international DVD releases exist as well, some with episodes not on the original VHS issues, but they can also cost a bit.
- The Merch: Despite the show's Artistic License, at the time they were released, the toys for the franchise were considered some of the best, most realistic depictions of dinosaurs available anywhere. Not so much these days... They were fully articulated, unlike most dinosaur toys, so that was cool. The distinctive-looking T. rex figure appears to have gained another life as the inspiration for Rex in Toy Story!
- The Movie: According to The Other Wiki, a live-action movie adaptation is in the works.
- Show Accuracy/Toy Accuracy: Numerous differences are found:
- The dinosaur toys are usually a different color scheme than the cartoon's — of particular note is the bright yellow and green Tyrannosaurus, rendered gray/green in the toyline. Most Ceratopsians are plain brown in the cartoon, but vary in the toyline (with Monoclonius and Triceratops being blue/green).
- The weapons and equipment aren't 100% accurate, with the Brontosaurus sporting a completely different hardware from the show.
- The action figures also look different from their animated counterpart — the human toys are rather small, which obscures detail. Few are given the bright colors of the Mini-Pack figures (some Rulons come in bright pink or gold outfits).
- Some of the genera that are on the Rulons' side in the toy lines (Triceratops, Monoclonius, and Pteranodon) are seen fighting for the Dino-Riders as well in the show.
- What Could Have Been: There have been plans to add Parasaurolophus and Iguanodon.
- The Wiki Rule: The Dino-Riders Wiki.
Trivia / Dino-Riders