- The Danza: In the first game, Mike Dawson is played by... Mike Dawson.
- No Export for You: The Sega Saturn and PlayStation ports of the games were only released in Japan. The first game still has English voices so it's slightly playable if you're a veteran, but the sequel is dubbed in Japanese making it much more difficult.
- Permanent Placeholder: This is apparently the reason why Mike Dawson appeared as himself in the first game; He used his name as a temporary placeholder while Cyberdreams was developing the game. When president Patrick Ketchum played a demo he thought the name matched so well they kept it in. They also used his digitized likeness to save money from hiring an actor or model.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Night Dive Studios' attempt to get the rights to the series were quashed following H.R. Giger's death, and the estate's demands subsequently putting the nail in the coffin.
- The Other Darrin: Mike Dawson is portrayed in the sequel by Chris Gilbert. Apart from the wardrobe, there's almost no similarity between the two.
- What Could Have Been: Dark Seed II was originally in development almost immediately after the first was finished. A bit of work was done... and then a computer virus hit the offices of Cyberdreams, destroying all the work and backups. By this time a chunk of the original development team had already left, and so the project leads restarted from scratch and did the game differently. Who knows what it would've ended up like if that incident didn't happen.
Trivia / Dark Seed