- Actor Allusion: Mason Gamble, who most people remember getting into careless accidents as Dennis the Menace, starts this movie injuring his hand with a firecracker.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $31 million. Box office, $24,756,177 (domestic), $41,067,311 (worldwide).
- Channel Hop: This movie was originally set to be distributed by PolyGram Filmed Entertainment, but following its acquisition by Universal Pictures, this film was sold to Sony Pictures, who made it their second release under their rechristened Screen Gems label.
- Distanced from Current Events: The movie was pushed back to July 9, 1999 from its original May 14, 1999 release date, due to the Columbine High School shootings, although with the studio claimed they wanted to avoid competition from The Phantom Menace, which came out the following weekend of Arlington Road's original release date.
- Uncredited Role: Tiffany Grant appears as an uncredited graduate student.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The premise is heavily tied to the post-Oklahoma City bombing but pre-9/11 period. More exactly the suspicion that others were involved in that incident and the general fear of militia types that existed.
Trivia / Arlington Road