- Actor-Shared Background: Jamie Chung is the American-born child of Asian immigrants, like her character Ruby. She's also a lover of fashion in real life, and runs a fashion blog.
- Creator Couple: The two leads Jamie Chung and Bryan Greenberg are husband and wife, and also acted as Executive Producers.
- Enforced Method Acting: Jamie Chung and Bryan Greenberg stayed in separate hotel rooms during filming to create a feeling of unfamiliarity between their characters.
- Fake Nationality: Ruby is descended from Chinese immigrants. Jamie Chung's family is Korean.
- Write What You Know: Emily Ting based the film off an encounter she had with an ex-pat while living in Hong Kong. They spent the entire night together until 6 am where he revealed he had a girlfriend. She also designed toys for a living, making Ruby something of an Author Avatar.
Trivia / Already Tomorrow In Hong Kong