That's right, they're called Kandelites
- — The opening number, "The Definition of a Kandelite"
A fanmade musical production which was specifically meant to give a legacy to one of the most underrated Broadway actors in all of history.
KANDELites tells the story of six girls from different parts of the country, all of whom are fans of Broadway and film actor Paul Kandel (you know, Clopin). They form a group on Facebook named... well, the Kandelite group, and they plan to get Kandel back on Broadway before his death. What they don't anticipate is that they will end up on a huge trip to New York City to represent their idol in a ceremony dedicated to his name...
KANDELites provides examples of:
- The Ace: By far, Emily is the most knowledgeable of all the Kandelites, basically knowing everything about his career, even beyond the Five Majors.
- Affectionate Parody: In a way, of fandom. It's very telling when the group of Christian street Kandelites sing "Him," in which they glorify Kandel to the point of treating him like a god.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Behold, the details of Evan Pappas' ACTUAL accident that he had in Phoenix: http://www.playbill.com/article/actor-evan-pappas-recovering-from-car-crash-in-phoenix-com-138851
- Now go back, listen to "Accident," and realize just how much details they got right about it. It's heart-wrenching.
- An Aesop: Leave it to none other than Kandel to give it to you:Kandel: But if there's one thing I've learned from this whole experience, it's this: your fans matter. And you should do whatever you can to make them happy!
- Ascended Fanboy: For all six of the Kandelites. Their dream to meet their idol and bring him back to the Broadway stage is made a reality in the second act, when Kandel decides to play Warbucks.
- Audience Participation Song: The intention when and if the script goes to Broadway will be for the curtain call to be an Audience Participation cover of "NYC" from . It's a bit of a reference to Kandel returning to the Broadway stage as Warbucks in-universe.
- Bald of Awesome: PAUL KANDEL. Hence why he'd be the best Warbucks yet...
- Berserk Button: Do NOT- and we mean do NOT- tell Emily that her idol is not returning to the Broadway stage, because then she'll throw a fit, deny her Kandelitism, and try to deny everything you just told her.