- After Jaz Ellington's note-perfect audition on the British series, in which he sang Ed Sheeran's "The A-Team", Jessie J asked him to do something else. Ellington immediately launched into John Legend's "Ordinary People", and put so much feeling and soul into it that both Jessie J and will.i.am teared up. Will followed it up by talking about why he wrote that song, and what it meant to him.
- VEDO's story in Season 4 of the U.S. version (his mother was battling cancer and died before the battles were shown).
- Season 8 frontrunner Anthony Riley leaving the show to go to rehab and later taking his own life.
- Season 9 saw Team Gwen's Korin Bukowski fighting for the instant save for three nights running. The third night finally got to her, losing her place in the lyrics several times in a performance of Colbie Caillat's "Try". The look on her face at her first stumble is heartbreaking. It doubles as a Heartwarming Moment, though, as the coaches rush to commend her persistence and assure her that every single one of them has had just the same experience. It wasn't enough to beat her teammate Braiden Sunshine for the save, but she managed to garner 49% of the vote at the last count displayed on screen.
- Adam's mention of Season 6's 3rd place finisher Christina Grimmie when somebody auditions with "Hold On, We're Going Home", one of her signature covers. She was shot dead after performing at a Florida concert in June 2016 when she was only 22 years old.
- Season 13's Janice Freeman died from lupus complications in 2019 at age 33. Coach Miley then paid emotional tribute at her memorial.
Tear Jerker / The Voice