This film, unusual for Sesame Street, has a glut of these moments:
- One Little Star. Dare you to watch it and not tear up.
- "I'm a bluebird, that's been dreaming..." Dear GOD.
- Big Bird telling Snuffy he has to leave.
- Their reunion at the end of the film counts as both this and Heartwarming.
- Also, Big Bird saying goodbye to the rest of his Sesame Street friends afterward.Maria: Don't forget, Big Bird, we love you!
Big Bird: Well, goodbye, Oscar.Oscar: (surprised) What? Why, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. (sniffs)
- Even OSCAR is saddened upon his departure.
- When Big Bird sends his Sesame Street friends a letter telling them about his new family, it's hard not to frown when you hear the last line.I should be happy, what's wrong with me?
- In a real-world example, this was Jim Henson's final theatrical role as Kermit the Frog (and Ernie) before his death in 1990.