- When the Butcher looks into Atrocitus' mind to find out what makes him angry, we see a flashback him with his daughter, telling her they'll be a family forever, followed by one when the Manhunters attacked.
- Dex-Starr's origin story will have you in tears at the end especially if you're a cat lover.
- Also, the aftermath of the death of Mogo.
- The death of Sayd. As she holds off the Third Army alone, she pleads to the fleeing Lanterns to tell Ganthet she loved him. Thankfully, she and Ganthet are reunited and happy in the end.
- Hal Jordan's Heroic Sacrifice at the end of Final Night which effectively ended his era as Parallax. Although it was ultimately temporary watching him try to sort out how his life turned out so badly before trying to settle his affairs with those who were closest to him is still pretty sad to watch. Watching him say goodbye to his long time love interest Carol Star Sapphire Ferris was particularly heart breaking.
Tear Jerker / Green Lantern