Inferno Quest in an online roleplaying game in the form of a text adventure format, featuring Karael, an Angel fresh out of the Academy who has been banished to Hell for heretical beliefs and unauthorized access of restricted knowledge. She is also quite possibly the nicest person you could ever meet.
Discussion, and story posts can all be found here. Visitors should be warned that Inferno Quest is hosted in the NSFW section, which requires you to login to access. Inferno Quest itself, however, contains no actual adult content.
Tropes in this work include:
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Incarnations, which possess a balance of Celestial and Infernal energies. Greed, the Lord of the Circle of Greed, is an incomplete example, being the Anthropomorphic Personification of the Circle of Greed itself.
- Ascended Demon: Karael's heresy was believing such a thing possible. She found evidence it's possible within three days of arriving in Hell.
- Circles of Hell: The same ones as featured in Dante's Inferno, to be precise. Heaven is also as depicted by Dante.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Demons are born from unholy energies and human sins. Despite this, they are not necessarily evil themselves.
- The Dark Side: Corruption, the metaphysical force of sin, degeneration and evil.
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: Hell has a "Lowerarchy", with the lower you are, the better. The "bottom" of the Lowerarchy is occupied by the Lords, who each rules a particular Circle of Hell.
- Fallen Angel: The main character, Karael, along with the usual examples such as Lucifer. Is noted to not truly have Fallen, which is a state of being, but banished from Heaven.
- In-universe, most Angels Fall due to fighting Demons for so long, they suffer Motive Decay. Karael, whose crimes against Heaven are believing even Demons can be good, and being against information restriction, is noted to be exceptionally kind for a Fallen Angel.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Magic runs on a series of complex laws and energy interactions. Understanding them is required for achieving the best results.
- Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous: Angels are androgynous by default, and have a beautiful, but distinctly non-human appearance.
- Uncanny Valley: Karael. Eyes of an otherworldly shade of blue, literally white skin, a perfect BMI, short and airy blonde hair and wing feathers similar to that of an owl. According to the creator, she looks like a classical statue that has come to life.