Through his duel with his mother Yoko, Yuya learns of the legacy that his father Yusho has left behind — a fiery passion towards dueling. Fully determined to battle against the different dimensions, Yuya makes a promise with his mother to save Yuzu and Sora!
At Leo Corporation, Reiji announces his intent to travel to the Synchro Dimension. He believes that they have not been drawn into the war yet, and based on Yugo fighting Obelisk Force, could be allies against the Fusion Dimension. Serena also surmises the value she and Yuzu's lookalikes in the other world hold, and she and Reiji confirm Yuzu was last seen with Yugo, so they may also be in the Sychro Dimension. Equipped with modified Duel Disks that can activate Action Fields on their own, new Pendulum cards for each of them, and the technology to move between dimensions, the Lancers activate the transporters and teleport to the Synchro Dimension.
This episode contains examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Question: Yoko asks Yuya, what are his goals after getting stronger.
- In the flashbacks of baby Yuzu, we see that she always had her signature bracelet even as a baby. We later learn Yuzu was born with that bracelet.
- Yoko states that Shuzuo thinks that Yuzu is a gift. Later revelations reveals that Yuzu is actually a gift by Ray.
- Yoko also states that before Yusho became popular, Dueling with Real Solid Vision was more about showing strength than anything else. Episode 126 reveals this is what dueling became in Original Dimension.
- Good Parents: Shuzou, Yoko and Yusho continue to be supporting and loving parents in this episode. Mr. Gongenzaka is one in a more tough love way.
- Hidden Depths: A completely serious Nico Smiley admits he's sad to see Yuya go, as he was hoping he could train Yuya into a true pro and see him climb to the top of the dueling world. However, he has faith Yuya will prevail and return.
- I Shall Return: Yuya promises to end the war, bring back Yuzu and return to You Show school.
- In the Blood: Yoko especially states Yuya's honest and straightforward way of thinking is like her. Episode 128 sadly reveals this to be subverted
- Mind Screw: Seeing Yuto is probably this for Kurosaki, since he doesn't know about Yuya having Yuto's soul, and he seems kinda confused when it's over.
- Noodle Incident: Gongenzaka's face is covered with bandages when Yuya meets him at Leo Corporation. He says he also had a heart-to-heart talk/duel with his father, but doesn't say anything further.
- Not Quite Dead: Yuto actually is able to communicate to Kurosaki, telling him that Yuya is their ally.
- Tagalong Kid: Reira is definitely treated as this by Kurosaki and Sawatari. Kurosaki and Sawatari both thinking he's too weak to be of use.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Yoko gives one of these to Yuya, saying he can definitely save Yuzu, redeem Sora and end the war.