Yuya is pushed into a corner against Slyvio thanks to his own Pendulum Monsters being used against him, but Yuya is able to take back his cards and activate them to win the duel. Sylvio and his minions prepare to take the cards by force, but they're stopped by a mysterious boy, Sora, who says he wants to become Yuya's apprentice.
Back at Leo Corporation, the mystery man watching the duel is told by his man Claude that they will retrieve the Pendulum cards, but the man tells him no; he's seen enough to move forward with his plans without them.
This episode contains examples of:
- Badass Adorable: Sora takes out Sawatari and his friends.
- Big Damn Heroes: Yuya's Magician monsters save the kids and Yuzu from falling, and Sora's introduction.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: A variation: Sawatari considers Block Spider so weak and useless that he doesn't even remember that it used to be his card despite having tossed it to Yuya only moments before the start of this duel.
- Combat Pragmatist: Not in the usual sense of the trope, but once Sawatari loses, he orders his goons to take the Pendulum Cards by force. Luckily Sora is able to stop them, but it is a harbinger of things to come for the series.
- Foreshadowing: Sora is shocking tough for a kid his age. Makes sense when you realize he's been trained for combat.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Sawatari, twice. One of the cards he threw to Yuya as an insult was the key to Yuya's victory. As well as the fact he stole Yuya's cards to Pendulum summon allowed Yuya to use Entermate Kaleido Scorpion (Performapal Kaleidoscorp)'s effect against him.
- Miles Gloriosus: For all his bravado, Sawatari is a big coward when he's losing.
- Incoming Ham: The field gets ready for Yuya's incoming Ham by blacking out the city.
- Large Ham: Yuya fully demonstrates this, a status he'll truly come into as the series progresses.