Yuzu continues to learn Fusion Summoning from Sora, who has also resolved to enter the Junior Maiami Championship (Arc League Championship) by meeting another qualifying condition, a six-win streak. Yuzu also has an argument with her father when she questions the origins of her bracelet, which she's had since she was a baby and she cannot understand why it glows when the Dark Duelist is around. As said Dark Duelist wanders the city, he sees a man in similar clothing, whom he recognizes, dueling with Tio (Herk).
At Leo Corporation, Reiji and Himika receive a delivery of two cards bearing the images of LDS teachers attacked by an Xyz-using assailant. Reiji believes the teachers were turned into the cards, but Sawatari faced the Xyz user and was not turned into a card. Reiji surmises this means there's two Xyz users in the city, one taking victims and the other is not. When Mr. Sawatari sees Yuya and thinks he's the Dark Duelist, he orders a trio of Leo officers to get him. In the chase, they bump into the mysterioius man the Dark Duelist saw before. He performs an Xyz Summon and defeats the three in one blow, sealing them into cards. Yuya is knocked unconscious when the force blows him into a building, and awakens with Nico standing over him to take him to his next opponent.
This episode contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Inverted. Rather than Mr. Sawatari being sealed into a card, the more reasonable top team are instead. However, it does freak Mr. Sawatari out quite satisfyingly, to the point that he might have taken a page out of his son's book, given a later claim by Sawatari and the fact that he hasn't been seen since.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Inverted in the dub, as one of the officers says he was hoping the mysterious man would be smaller.
- Failed a Spot Check: Seriously, the mysterious man aka Kurosaki Shun (Shay), how do you notice the small pins on the guards but somehow miss your best friend's doppelgänger?
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Averted. The LID workers are reluctant to follow Yuya, as Mr. Sawatari isn't their boss, and do so half-heartedly, clearly just to get him off their backs. When they spot the mysterious figure, they instantly realize this guy is responsible for the disappearances of their co-workers and call in for back up rather then face him alone. None of this saves them.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Subverted. The Leo officers stop chasing Yuya even though there's one guy standing between them. The alley is wide enough they could easily walk around him, but he's just... standing there, and for some reason they all need to stop for him. That reason, however, is because even before Yuya runs past him, the guards realize that the guy is the serial attacker who's been attacking their co-workers.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Minor example as Mr. Sawatari is on the city council. He's just convinced that he has the power of a mayor, even though he hasn't been elected yet, and the people who spot him yelling at the Leo workers clearly see him as this.
- Tap on the Head: Yuya is thrown off his feet into a building hard enough to knock him out, but wakes up later with no visible side effects.
- This Is Gonna Suck: In the dub, the three Leo officers after the mysterious man Xyz summons.
- Your Soul Is Mine: The mysterious man seals the souls of his victims into cards.