While the building renovates, Dunder-Mifflin employees have to park in a satellite parking lot, and not everyone is happy about the walk. Michael is lonely after his breakup with Jan, and tasks everyone to find him a date. Pam wants Michael's chair when he buys a new one.
Air date: April 17, 2008
- Bad Date / Blind Date: Pam sets Michael up with her landlady, and it's a disaster.
- Depending on the Writer: After the sympathetic Michael we saw leave an abusive relationship in "Dinner Party," this episode makes Michael much more of a Jerkass.
- Foreshadowing: Pam's mom as one of Michael's candidates. Becomes a Brick Joke in Season 6. Likewise, Pam and Jim joke about how messy they are, which we see when Jim rooms with Darryl.
- The Lost Lenore: Played with. Michael falls for the model in a chair ad, and is upset when he finds out she died in a car accident.
- The One That Got Away: Michael refers to this trope, explaining that he's a catch, and he won't be "the one that got away" for someone.
- Wham Episode: Jim reveals that he is going to propose to Pam.