After having a nightmare about Haruhi's living conditions, Tamaki decides to invite himself and the host club over to Haruhi's house. Now Haruhi has to deal with the social prejudice of her friends and coworkers while trying to enjoy her day.
This episode provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: If you didn't know Ranka was male, you could easily mistake him as a woman when you first see him.
- Big "SHUT UP!": Tamaki, towards Hikaru when he mutters Haruhi's home as a "hovel", even it's not like his dream.
- Children Raise You: Haruhi, as shown in a flashback, was concerned about her father's well-being. So when it was "Take Your Parents to School" day at her school, she chose not to tell him not because she was embarrassed by what he did, but because she wanted him to get rest.
- Drowning My Sorrows: In a flashback, Ranka drank himself silly because he was upset that his daughter didn't inform him about "Take Your Parents to School" day.
- Like Parent, Like Spouse: Tamaki and Ranka have the same reactions when Haruhi finds them in the store.Haruhi: What the-? What are you doing here, Dad/Tamaki-senpai?Ranka/Tamaki: Oh! Looks like you caught me, Haruhi! I followed you here because I wanted to carry your shopping basket! You know how Daddy loves accessories! Now why don't you hand it over?Haruhi: (smiles) You're so weird!
- Nightmare Sequence: The episode starts with Tamaki having one, believing that Haruhi's living conditions are terrible. Then he goes over to her place and is proven that it's not so bad.
- Papa Wolf: Ranka strongly disapproves of Tamaki being close to his daughter. Mostly because of bad first impressions.
- Parents Walk In at the Worst Time: After Tamaki slips on a banana peel and falls on top of Haruhi, her father walks in the house. Take a wild guess what he thought Tamaki was trying to do to his daughter.
- Stalker Without a Crush: When Haruhi goes out to shop, Ranka and the host club decide to follow Haruhi to the store. Ranka only does this because he's concerned for his daughter.