Sunset just failed her latest driving test, and is worried about her retest on Monday. Her friends offer to help her practice.
If Sunset asks Rarity for help, she rents a fancy limo for them to cruise the town in, more for recreation than driving practice, but Sunset does learn how to parallel park once she actually starts driving it. If Applejack helps, she and Granny Smith offer to let Sunset practice driving the old family truck — and changing an unexpected flat tire, a skill that comes in handy during the test. Fluttershy takes Sunset in her own car and recites a series of rhymes on proper preparation before heading out on the road, frustrating her, but the rhymes come in handy to remind her what to do during the test.
- The Alleged Car: Played with. The Apple family truck has certainly seen better days, and the engine sounds very rough. Instead of a breakdown, though, a flat tire caused by driving over a nail is what stops it cold.
- The Cameo: We meet the human versions of Aloe the spa pony as well as Randolph, Diamond Tiara's butler in Equestria, as the limo driver.
- Comically Missing the Point: Rarity's idea to help Sunset's driving is to rent a limo and take her cruising for fun. Sunset ends up moving to the driver's seat to actually practice while Rarity enjoys the ride.
- Head Desk: Frustrated by Fluttershy's rhyming, Sunset slams her head against the wheel, sounding the klaxon.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Sunset hears Rarity shout what she presumes are driving instructions, but Rarity is actually talking to her masseuse in the back seat.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Fluttershy uses rhyming verses to remember proper protocols before actually driving.
- Visual Pun: Applejack uses her Super Strength to lift the truck's front, acting like... a jack. Lampshaded by Sunset at the end.