Chapters: 70-74, Episodes: 30-32
Short SummaryLoke is acting strange as of late and Lucy becomes concerned, prompting her to investigate why.
The Loke Arc has the following tropes:
- Big Damn Heroes: Leo stops Karen from abusing Aries one too many times.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Karen Lilica may be a popular wizard at Blue Pegasus, but she has a far more sadistic streak, as demonstrated when she beats the crap out of Aries for being disloyal to her.
- Foreshadowing: Bob forewarns Karen if she abuses her spirits any longer, something bad will come for her. Guess what happens to Karen not long after that?
- Heroic BSoD: Loke has a major one when Karen is killed and he is banished from the Spirit World.
- It's All My Fault: Loke feels this way about causing Karen's death. Except it was Karen's own pride that resulted in her death. All he was doing was just sticking up for the spirits she misused.
- Large and in Charge: The Celestial Spirit King.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Loke's actions in trying to stop Karen from abusing her spirits indirectly results in her death and his subsequent exile.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Lucy actually argues the Celestial Spirit King's decision on punishing Loke.
- Tomato Surprise: Loke is really Leo, a Celestial Spirit.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Leo's intervention to stop Karen's abuse of Aries caused disastrous consequences in the long run. Not only does it result in Karen's death, but it leads to his three-year exile from the Spirit World.