Robbie is attracted to Caroline, a girl he likes, but is unsure how to win her affection. While watching rebel Spike in action, he decides to get help from Spike. After Spike has Robbie go outside her house and pee in her yard, the two get arrested. As punishment, Robbie has to watch the Baby. Charlene tells Robbie that she saw Caroline on a date with Spike. When Robbie starts to fight with Spike, it turns out that this was part of Spike's plan, and he lets Robbie win. However, Caroline informs them that they don't have to fight for her affections - Robbie just has to ask her out. However, when Robbie does ask her out, she rejects him. Spike then decides to let Robbie hang out with him. When Robbie questions why he would want to hang out with him after what happened, he tells Robbie that he never misses with the ladies.
Includes examples of
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Averted; Robbie and Spike think Caroline wants a bad boy, but she does not like them fighting and tells Robbie that he just has to ask her out (though she still says no).
- Bittersweet Ending: Robbie doesn't get the girl, but Spike lets Robbie hang out with him, knowing that he can help him with girls.
- Did Not Get the Girl: She makes him think he can have her just by asking her out, though.
- Driven to Suicide: Earl and Robbie watch a dating talk show where a women brutally talks about how bad her date was. When the host asks the male what he thought of the date, they find that he has hung himself.
- Exiled to the Couch: After Fran gets angry with Earl for letting Robbie and Spike trick him out of punishing Robbie and then gets angry at Earl when he tries complaining about how embarrassing it is that she underminded his authority, Earl says "I'm sleeping on the couch again tonight, aren't I?"
- First Appearance: Spike makes his debut in this episode.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Fran remarks that Earl shouldn't be enjoying a puppet show because they're for kids, Earl tries to convince her that, despite having puppets, they can be just as enjoyable to adults as they can to kids. She's not convinced.
- The Man in the Mirror Talks Back: Robbie talks to his locker mirror reflection in an early scene.
- Nature Tinkling: One of the attempts Spike makes to get Robbie to woo Caroline entails encouraging him to mark his territory on her lawn, ensuring that he'd have to pee by instructing him to drink 8 glasses of water. Cops show up to arrest them right as Robbie gets started watering the flora.
- Shout-Out: An early Imagine Spot has Robbie imagining himself as James Bond battling an Oddjob-like villain.