Pop confronts his old demons
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: The second half of the episode has Pop, Nadia, Abdi, and Chance preparing for and defending the shop from the cultists led by Augustin.
- Bait-and-Switch: When confronting the cultist tied to the bed, Annie observes a mallet and looks about ready to give him the same treatment she'll give to Paul Sheldon one day...only to take two giant syringes of Haldol and jamm them in his eyes instead, killing him.
- Crazy-Prepared: Pop apparently trianed Nadia and Abdi in military interogation just in case they needed to.
- Dramatic Irony: Augustin and the cultists are attacking the shop while Pop tries to beat them back over letters between Warden Lacy and Sheriff Pagborn about The Kid/Angel. Not realizing that they wouldn't be actually helpful in finding where he is since only Henry Deaver would know and he's long since gone missing.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Pop realizes that he'll only slow the group down due to his illness, staying behind and taking down as many cultists as he can with him before Augustin kills him who will have access to his (Pop's) memories.
- Internal Reveal: Pop learns from Annie she really did kill Ace and buried him on the site of the mall project like he suspected.
- Pragmatic Villain: Augustin reveals that rather than try and force Pop to reveal what he knows, they're just gonna kill him and place one of their own in his body.
- Pretentious Latin Motto: The epiosde's title is seen in a framed piece of cloth which means "Let the buyer beware..."