After Tammy steals her Halloween costume idea, Tina decides to go as a "sand-witch". She ends up getting a book of genuine spells from Mr. Ambrose, and uses them to give herself an edge. Meanwhile, Bob tries to find who's stealing his jack-o-lanterns.
- Accidental Misnaming: Mr. Fischoeder calls Teddy "Freddy".
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Mr. Ambrose says that Jackie creeped out their coven. She wanted to go dark, cast revenge spells, and "she never chipped in for pizza."
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Tina tries to use a spell to win the costume contest. She ends up losing to Regular-Sized Rudy.
- Everyone Has Standards: Jimmy Pesto's assistant Trev draws the line at calling Bob "crazy", saying mental illness is no joke.
- Insane Troll Logic: Mr. Fischoeder justifying stealing Bob's pumpkins."I thought we had an understanding. You carve them and leave them out, and then I take them. It's like how people keep giving me bikes."
- Shout-Out: In one of the flashbacks to past Halloween contests, Tina is wearing a kangaroo costume with a ship captain's hat.
- Took a Level in Badass: Tina becomes a lot more confident after becoming a witch."Hey, Jimmy Jr. Wanna walk my ass to class?"