Desperate to replace their worn out sofa, Louise sabotages it. Sending the family on a hunt for a replacement.
- Comically Missing the Point: The Couch Burners keep closing their eyes to look more dramatic, but Bob wants to take a picture of them with their eyes open.
- Companion Cube: Linda is really attached to the couch, noting all the firsts the kids had on it. Bob and Louise later realize she's right.
- Despair Event Horizon: Linda, when she finds out the couch was sabotaged, is inconsolable, crying harder than she ever had in the series before.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Linda ends up crying and running through the store when she realizes Louise tricked her into getting a new couch.
- Kitschy Local Commercial: The plot is kicked off by Bob and Louise watching an ad for "the Sofa Queen" and thinking that the couch needs to be replaced.
- Pyromaniac: The members of the Couch Burners insist on living up to their name.
- Rhetorical Request Blunder: Bob ponders out loud about getting a new couch if something finally happens to the old one. He really shouldn't have said that where Louise could hear him, as she takes it as a sign to deliberately sabotage the couch.