Basic Trope: A female is identified as a tomboy by their deep-sounding or raspy voice.
- Straight: Alice's voice sounds low and raspy, and she is a tomboy who hangs out with the boys.
- Downplayed: Alice's voice isn't deep, but it sounds deeper than the other girls she hangs with.
- Justified: Alice was born with a raspy voice.
- Subverted: Alice was pretending to sound boyish to make herself appear less feminine.
- Double Subverted: It eventually permanently changes her voice.
- Zig Zagged: Alice's voice tends to change. Sometimes she has a tomboyish voice and sometimes her voice is more feminine.
- Averted: Alice's voice sounds neither boyish nor girly.
- Enforced: The producers demand a quick shorthand to show Alice is a tomboy.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Alice uses her deep voice to pass as a boy.
- Defied: Alice dislikes her voice, and gets speech therapy to sound more feminine.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Tomboyish Voice